Houston Volunteer Lawyers
Remote Legal Advice Clinic
Help individuals in Houston seeking advice on a variety of civil legal issues.
Posted April 8, 2022
Background & Context
Houston Volunteer Lawyers is not able to take every case for extended representation, so the legal advice clinics are very important to our community. This is often the only time that the individual will be able to talk to an attorney for free.
Work & Deliverables
Volunteers are asked to call applicants and provide legal advice and information over the phone. Once legal advice sessions are completed, the volunteer should then send Houston Volunteer Lawyers a description of the legal advice provided.
Volunteers do not have to be licensed in Texas as long as they join the State Bar of Texas NOVA program.
- Volunteer should review calls and reach out to HVL staff attorney mentor if needed.
- HVL Coordinator will email your call assignments the day prior to the clinic.
- Volunteer must sign up for a specific date(s).
- Volunteer will make calls and provide legal advice.
- Volunteer will send HVL an email with all of the legal advice provided to individuals.