We The Action
Join We The Action’s Nonprofit Relief Task Force
Help nonprofits continue their work by accessing federal relief funds.
Posted April 1, 2020
Nonprofit organizations play an essential role in our country. They provide direct services to vulnerable people. They advocate for reforms that will make our society more just. They support the health of our communities and of our planet. But nonprofits across the country are struggling with existential threats to their missions due to COVID-19 and its economic consequences.
Last year, Congress created the Paycheck Protection Program through the CARES Act, and it has recently made additional funds available to small businesses, including nonprofits, through the Economic Aid Act. We The Action is recruiting attorneys to provide short but time-sensitive consultations to nonprofits as they apply for aid. We The Action estimates that each consultation will require less than one hour of attorney time, consisting of phone calls or email exchanges with the nonprofit organization.
Attorneys who join the Task Force should be familiar with relevant provisions of the CARES Act, Economic Aid Act, Treasury implementing regulations, and official guidance before advising individual nonprofits. Nonprofits seeking assistance will post their needs to the We The Action platform, and Task Force members will receive personalized emails directing them to these posts.
- Familiarize yourself with relevant provisions of Paycheck Protection Program.
- Nonprofits seeking assistance will post their needs to the We The Action platform.
- You will receive emails directing you to sign up for these projects, as they become available.
- Once you sign up for a project, the nonprofit will select a volunteer and contact that individual.
- Be prepared for the project to begin immediately.
- Work directly with the nonprofit to answer any questions they have regarding PPP.